Thursday, July 16, 2009

What a Way to Start My Day...

I woke up this morning to my mom peering over me, "Erica, can you hear me? Honey, you had a seizure." Again. The ambulance guys came to get me and brought me in to Paynesville. Larry was the doctor, which was fun, because since he's my neighbor, he's easy to talk to. We called down to the Mayo, and they are increasing my dosage of Keppra but continuing to keep me off Dilantin. Nothing more to do today, but I'm headed to Rochester tomorrow.

According to Shawn, I woke him up this morning with my seizing, including the stiff-limbed, jaw clenched, and funny screaming like I did with my very first seizure last December. Not a good sign. I bit my tongue and now it hurts. Ugh. Oh well, not a lot I can do about it right now.

However, this does squash the possibility of me driving around for awhile, and Mom's also not sure if she wants to go to Canada next week. The last thing we'd want is to be hours away from a hospital in the middle of Canada and for me to be having a Grand Mal seizure. So... that sucks. I'm hopeful that Mom can take me to karate tonight though- it would be nice to be able to keep working on my new kata.

No comments:

Post a Comment