Thursday, September 3, 2009

The Good, The Bad, and The Expensive.

The Good:
Shawn and I are moved in! Today is Thursday, and we successfully moved in Tuesday. It only took an hour or two to move all of our stuff, especially since after the whole bedbug fiasco our furniture selection is limited. We spent Tuesday unpacking and organizing, and so far we are very pleased with our new residence. We have a cracked window or two that the management needs to fix, but other than some minor cleaning, everything else is great. :)

We spent yesterday shopping, and furnished our apartment. We now have 2 chairs in the living room, a rug, a coffee table and tv stand, and a couple end-tables. I learned that IKEA is a giant maze, and that the cafeteria/restaurant whatever you want to call it has surprisingly delicious swedish meatballs. Yum.

We also learned how to navigate the bus lines. We each bought a bus pass and practiced taking it to Roseville so I know how to get to work. Then we went to the State Fair. The Great Minnesota Get-Together was, as always, immensely satisfying, especially in regards to food. I learned that a Root Beer Float made with Dippin' Dots ice cream is very yummy indeed.

Last but not least, Nina is coming back tomorrow! I probably won't get to see her much, because I am working and my mom is coming down on Saturday, but I'm excited, and I miss her. It'll be nice to have a friend in the neighborhood. :)

The Bad:
Today I called home to check in on things, and Mom said that I have officially received notice that my driver's license is being cancelled. I'm not sure if it is still a valid form of ID, and I'm wondering what to do when November rolls around and I need to prove that I'm 21. I guess I will have to deal with that later. Regardless, the time has finally come when my freedom has been officially rescinded.

The Expensive:
As you could probably piece together... we've spent a lot of money in the last few days. Between furniture, bus passes, textbooks, rent, cable, and various other necessities... I'm broke. Or, I should be. That's the scary part- according to my checkbook, I'm not. And that's wrong, because there is no freaking way that I am not flat broke. So that means that either something hasn't come through yet, or else my balancing skills are seriously effed up. Either way, I need to sit down and try to figure out where things went wrong. Ugh. I hate money.

Overall, life is falling together as life always does, with both positive and negative aspects.

No comments:

Post a Comment