Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Miscellaneous Updates

1) I had another seizure. November 3rd. I can't be 100% sure, because Shawn was already gone to class for the day. I woke up and had a terrible headache and nausea, got up to pee, was super tired, and went back to bed for another hour. When I got up the second time, I showered and brushed my teeth like I normally do, and while brushing my teeth I realized that my bottom lip was swollen and puffy and looked like I had bitten it. I had been wearing my retainer so it wasn't nearly as bad as the damage my tongue took last time, in fact, most of the puffiness was gone by the end of the day.

Anyway, I called Kantarci and he set up an appointment with one of his colleagues that deals specifically with epilepsy, so for the two days before Thanksgiving I have another MRI, EEG and doctor's appointment in Rochester. Wish me luck.

2) I turned 21!!!! Yay!!! Got a bunch of gift cards, Mom and Knoll came to town and took me shopping and out for lunch, and I hung out with Nina and my new friend Laura and Laura's boyfriend Bob. It was fun. I got drunk, but not exceptionally so, and I was fine the next morning (both hangover-wise and seizure-wise). So yah, I have officially surpassed one of the last major legal hurdles. 16 was driving, 18 was voting and a bunch of other stuff, 21 was drinking. I'M A BIG KID NOW! :)

3) I'm pluggin away at school. Slowly but surely getting through the semester. It's tough, and I'm quickly running out of steam. I have 2 of my major papers mostly done, I plan on working on one this weekend, and I will have a major presentation based on those papers for each of my classes. Slowly but surely... can't give up... damn some days motivation is hard to come by.

No comments:

Post a Comment