Thursday, May 21, 2009

Dear God

Dear God,

I don't believe in your existence, BUT I believe in the beauty of the world around me.

I don't believe that you perform miracles, BUT I believe in the good works that humanity is capable of.

I don't believe that you sent Jesus to atone for the sins of mankind, BUT I believe that he was and is an inspiration to his followers.

I don't believe that you answer prayers or help people, BUT I believe that having faith is help enough.

I don't believe that only religious people are rewarded after life. In fact, I don't think there is an afterlife. I think the best reward is being a good person in this life, and that's reward enough for me.

In short... I don't believe that belief is necessary to live a good life. I think that doing good works and trying to help others, being kind and compassionate, and pursuing happiness should be good enough for you. If people happen to have faith and religion helps them, that's good for them, but it doesn't work that way for me.

Thanks for listening,

-Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment